[Mailman-i18n] Esperanto translation

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun May 13 11:26:54 EDT 2018

On 5/12/18 1:45 PM, Rubeno Fernández wrote:
> Saluton al ĉiuj!
>
> My name is Rubén Fernández and I'm setting up a Mailman server at https://
> poshto.esperanto.cat/listejo/listinfo. My version is 2.1.20.
> I'd like to translate Mailman into Esperanto.
> I've contacted the Language Champions Marcio Malacarne <malacarne NO AT
> HARVEST cce DOT ufes DOT br> and Sergey Tyrin <interdist NO AT HARVEST
> myrealbox DOT com>, but they haven't replied at all. In fact, Marcio's address
> is unavailable.
> How should I start?

Hi Rubén

Welcome. If you haven't already, please see some of the pages linked
from <https://wiki.list.org/DEV/Internationalization> including
<https://wiki.list.org/DEV/i18nhowto>.

I suggest you start by installing bzr and obtaining the Mailman 2.1
branch via 'bzr branch lp:mailman/2.1'.

You will need to create the messages/eo/LC_MESSAGES/ directory and the
templates/eo/ directory. messages/eo/LC_MESSAGES/ will contain your
mailman.po file with your translated message strings and templates/eo/
will contain your translations of the files in templates/en/.

To create your mailman.po, you start with the messages/mailman.pot
template file and either add your translated message strings manually or
use some tool if you have access to one.

If you have specific questions, please ask here.