[Mailman-Users] Reposting Form Data

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw at CNRI.Reston.Va.US
Sat Aug 1 01:31:24 CEST 1998

Maybe someone out there with more HTTP experience than me can answer
this question.  If I have a CGI script that issues a redirect using
the `Location:' header, I can get the Web browser to go to the
relocated page with no problem.  It even still shows the original URL
in browser.  Cool so far.

However, if what I'm doing is posting some form data, the browser gets
redirected, but the form data doesn't get reposted to the new URL.
Verified under NS4/Unix and IE3.  This is a real pain for something
I'm trying to add to Mailman.

I'm sure there's some haughty security justification for the
non-reposting of form data, so the natural question is: can I get
around this?  :-)

Thanks,
-Barry