[Mailman-Users] forgot list admin password

Harald Meland Harald.Meland at usit.uio.no
Thu Dec 3 21:41:54 CET 1998

[Darren Henderson]

> On Thu, 3 Dec 1998, Ken Manheimer wrote:
>
> > Mailman can't send it to you, because mailman doesn't "know" the admin
> > (or site) passwords - it only has the encrypted versions.  This is
>
> I was under the impression from an earlier discussion that mmsitepas could
> be used to at least set the site password at any time? Perhaps there
> should be a similar utility for the site admin to generate new passwords
> for list admins.

I believe the site admin can set the admin password of any list at any
time using the www interface, entering the site password in the "old
password" box.

However, I agree that a command line interface to more aspects of
Mailman would be useful to site admins.  If you know python, such
command line tools should not be very hard to write yourself, though.
--
Harald