[Mailman-Users] HELP! Errors in cron.

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw at cnri.reston.va.us
Fri Dec 18 06:02:57 CET 1998

    AS> I think these errors are related to why my mailman won't send
    AS> or receive files.  Does anyone out there know what this means?

    AS> I got the following mailed to me from cron, after it tried to
    AS> do an update job thingy.  Obviously, I must have some
    AS> permissions wrong somewhere.  But which files do I need to
    AS> change the permissions to?

Amanda,

What version of Mailman are you using?  maillist.py is pretty old!  If
you can possibly upgrade, please do.  I have a feeling all this stuff
is handled better in the latest versions.

You'll want to check out the information on upgrading in the
documentation that comes with the distribution.  Check out
www.list.org.

-Barry