[Mailman-Users] Some notes on upgrading to the current CVS tree

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw at cnri.reston.va.us
Mon Oct 19 23:35:47 CEST 1998

    AMK> Notes on upgrading to the current CVS tree of Mailman:

    AMK> * I ran configure and make as myself, su'ed to mailman, and
    AMK> then ran into some trouble on the "make install" because some
    AMK> files aren't world-readable:

    | scripts/driver
    | Numerous templates/*.txt files
    | Mailman/Logging/*.py

I believe I've fixed all the permission problems for the files in the
CVS repository.  I'm probably the biggest culprit, my umask used to be
set up bogusly and I haven't been able to get CVS to fix the
permission on files in the repository automatically.  We developers
just need to be careful when we check stuff in.