[Mailman-Users] Errors running mmsitepass

Mailman account mailman at shell.daaave.org
Sat Oct 24 09:25:00 CEST 1998

[mailman] ~/bin 1:49 % ./mmsitepass ********
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "./mmsitepass", line 27, in ?
    from Mailman import MailList
  File "/home/owner/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 43, in ?
    from Mailman.Logging.StampedLogger import StampedLogger
  File "/home/owner/mailman/Mailman/Logging/StampedLogger.py", line 18, in
?
    from Logger import Logger
  File "/home/owner/mailman/Mailman/Logging/Logger.py", line 57
    raise
        ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
[mailman] ~/bin 1:49 %

  This is right after a clean installation.

1) ./configure --prefix=/home/owner/mailman --with-cgi-gid=nogroup
2) make install

  nogroup is a valid group name, the mailman user's home directory is
/home/owner/mailman.
  Also, I'm getting lots of errors off the cron jobs that all seem to end
with that "raise" error with the caret under the e...don't know if there's
a connection.  There's nothing in /var/log/syslog that looks like it has
anything to do with this.

Configuration:
  Slackware 3.5
  Linux 2.0.34
    pretty vanilla install except for contents of my user account's home
    directory.
  Python 1.5 ( /usr/lib/python1.5, not /usr/local/lib/python1.5 )

  This looks like I'm sending to a mailing list that I'm not subscribed
to...if this is true, could replies please be directed to arno at daaave.org
(the owner of the machine which mailman at daaave.org is associated with,
this is me).  Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.