[Mailman-Users] unlock? please help with the filename...

Peter Gervai grin at tolna.net
Tue Oct 27 02:47:30 CET 1998

Hello...

PLEASE someone tell me which file this routine tries
to lock and how, and the process that show me
the information next time when there's nobody
to answer...

Unfortunately I don't know Python, and I really
don't have the time to completely learn a new
language. Please Python gurus take a look at the
code to figure out the filename (because the
error log never contains variable values);
and if there's any SIMPLE way to print variables
or by any means debug the program: tell me the
secret...

Thank you in advance!

Oct 27 02:39:07 1998 admin: [----- Traceback ------]
admin: Traceback (innermost last):
admin:   File "/var/lib/mailman/scripts/driver", line 97, in run_main
admin:     main()
admin:   File "../Mailman/Cgi/subscribe.py", line 95, in main
admin:     call_script('options', [list._internal_name, member])
admin:   File "../Mailman/Cgi/subscribe.py", line 65, in call_script
admin:     list.Unlock()
admin: AttributeError: Unlock

bye,
peter

ps: the error is because SOME file have different owner
or permission from what mailman expect. I just can't
guess which one!

pps: STILL holding the question: Anyone can tell which
config files have to be writeble to the WWW UID, which
to MAILMAN UID, and which to BOTH?

tia,