[Mailman-Users] Upgrading Mailman in Debian?

Gergely Madarasz gorgo at caesar.elte.hu
Fri Apr 2 23:44:15 CEST 1999

On Fri, 2 Apr 1999, Mike Garside wrote:

> Upgrading prior versions of Mailman i.e. 1.0b8-3 to 1.0b10-1 .  Is it as
> simple as entering a command such as dpkg -i mailman-1.0b10-1 to upgrade the
> program files or do I have to back things up and go from there?

I have tested it (before uploading) on a mail server with around 1 million
deliveries / month... it worked nicely. There is one thing though in
1.0b10... the options.html template has changed, but the postinst script
warns you about it, and tells what you should do.

> Also how stable is mailman 1.0b10-1 ?  Should I just stay with my current
> version?

In a mail severay days ago Barry said there were still several issues, so
we should wait for b11... so if b8 works for you so far, you could wait a
few more days...

--
Madarasz Gergely           gorgo at caesar.elte.hu         gorgo at linux.rulez.org
                    HuLUG: http://mlf.linux.rulez.org/