[Mailman-Users] Integrating external database of email addresses

David Gilbert dgilbert at velocet.ca
Mon Aug 30 18:02:34 CEST 1999

>>>>> "Tauren" == Tauren Mills <tauren at servlets.net> writes:

Tauren> Managing all of these lists is extremely cumbersome.
Tauren> Customers can add and remove services at any time.  We then
Tauren> have to manually add and remove them from the appropriate
Tauren> mailing lists.

Tauren> Any suggestions on how to manage this better?  We are
Tauren> considering just adding a mailing feature to our database
Tauren> application and not using a mailing list.  But that might not
Tauren> be very efficient.

I would expect that this could be easily managed by slightly modifying
your database program to add and delete mailman list members by
itself.  You'd need to write a script for this purpose... I don't know
mailman internals, but generically, if you can create a script that
can "post" to a URL, you could create a script that could post updates
to mailman lists.

Of course, if you got really fancy, you'd link into the mailman API
directly.

Dave.

|David Gilbert, Velocet Communications.       | Two things can only be     |
|Mail:       dgilbert at velocet.net             |  equal if and only if they |
|http://www.velocet.net/~dgilbert             |   are precisely opposite.  |