[Mailman-Users] Error When creating new List

Dennis dkc at webtrafix.com
Wed Dec 1 00:58:05 CET 1999

Hello-

I recently just installed mailman and went to create the test list with
the following commands and received the following error.

[root mailman]# /home/mailman/bin/newlist
Enter the name of the list: tester45
Enter the email of the person running the list: dkc at webtrafix.com
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "/home/mailman/bin/newlist", line 146, in ?
    raise SystemExit(main(sys.argv))
  File "/home/mailman/bin/newlist", line 83, in main
    list_pw = getpass.getpass("Initial %s password: " % list_name)
  File "/usr/lib/python1.5/getpass.py", line 42, in getpass
    termios.tcsetattr(fd, TERMIOS.TCSADRAIN, old)
termios.error: (22, 'Invalid argument')

The install went in very clean. I am able to view the html files so the
GIDs are set OK, but I am unable to create any lists because of this
error.

 Any help is appreciated.

   Thank you,
        Dennis