[Mailman-Users] python modules for proper functioning of Mailman 1.1

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw at cnri.reston.va.us
Thu Dec 2 16:56:07 CET 1999

    MC> After recompiling python 1.5.2 and running the 'make test', I
    MC> got the following results. I'm curious to know which of the
    MC> skipped test are the modules that I really need for proper
    MC> functioning of Mailman. Am I missing some features and
    MC> functionalities because of the skipped modules?

    MC> For example: The list Archives are not being gzip-ed because
    MC> the gzip module is not compiled in python?

    MC> 42 tests OK.  19 tests skipped: test_al test_audioop
    MC> test_bsddb test_cd test_cl test_crypt tes t_dbm test_dl
    MC> test_gdbm test_gl test_gzip test_imageop test_imgfile test_nis
    MC> tes t_rgbimg test_sunaudiodev test_thread test_timing
    MC> test_zlib

crypt module would be nice, although not necessary (there's currently
a problem with some passwords if you create lists first w/o crypt and
then add crypt to your Python later, but they aren't serious).

If you want your archives to be gzipped, you'll need to add the zlib
module, which gzip depends on (zlib is a C module, gzip is all in
Python, but requires zlib).

Everything else you can ignore.

-Barry