[Mailman-Users] International Version of Mailman

Markus Keller m.keller at mssc.ch
Fri Dec 3 10:14:08 CET 1999

Hello People

My name is Markus and I live in Switzerland. First of all thanks a lot for
mailan. I like it very much.

Between the lines I could read, that you are planing an international
version of mailman. I think it may be helpful to the programmers of mailman
if I tell You about a problem that I have in my little country. The swiss
people speak four diffrent languages. Three of these languages a importent.
Swissgerman swissfrench und swissitalien. If I have to create a new
mailinglist for a special topic, I always have to create three lists at
once. One List for each language. In the Moment I have all HTML an all TXT
Files in german. The german speaking people are happy but I have received
angry mails from the french speaking part of Switzerland. They do not speak
german and now they want me to make all changes for them. I can understand
the french people but in the moment I have only one mailman with one
language.

I were very glad - and I also think it would make mailman to a perfect list
server -  if I could set the langauge to the list instead of to mailman. I
only need a templates directory for each langauge and a way to tell the list
where to get the files. Thank for all.

Greetings

Markus