[Mailman-Users] newlist, rmlist, sendmail alias management

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Sat Dec 4 00:02:07 CET 1999

On Fri, 3 Dec 1999 16:06:47 -0600 (CST)
Christopher Lindsey <lindsey at ncsa.uiuc.edu> wrote:

>> Tis is not what I'm writing about about above.  I'm writing about
>> having no alias file at all, about there not being a file
>> anywhere on the system that lists the mail aliased for the
>> various lists, about there being no file that encludes lines like
>> the following:

> This is still possible with sendmail.  It would involve a script
> and the user class of sendmail's K command, but is doable.

No doubt, or to whit: Anything may be accomplished once your have a
scripting language.  Heck the Towers of Hanoi in sendmail.cf was
enough...

> I personally prefer to call procmail first, as it tends to be more
> extensible for multiple situations like this.

Have you looked at maildrop?  I use procmail heavily but have never
been totally happy with it.  Maildrop promises to be at least
somewhat better and a mite more extensible..

J C Lawrence                                 Home: claw at kanga.nu
----------(*)                              Other: coder at kanga.nu