[Mailman-Users] Still need help

Andy Ciordia andy at goingv.com
Mon Dec 6 17:22:39 CET 1999

We keep recieving this type of error message once and a while to all of
our lists, this one is an example of someone sending a piece of mail to
webmaster yet mailman doesn't recognize it as a list.  I have posted this
before and recieved no response, can anyone give me any idea?  I've been
charged with finding an answer to these strange occurances but it
deffinatly makes whatever is being sent drop out from the list.

Help is appreciated,
-A

"|/d0/mailman/mail/wrapper post webmaster"
    (expanded from: <webmaster at goingv.com>)

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "/d0/mailman/scripts/post", line 45, in ?
    mlist = MailList.MailList(sys.argv[1])
  File "/d0/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 55, in __init__
    raise Errors.MMUnknownListError, 'list not found: %s' % name
MMUnknownListError: list not found: webmaster
554 "|/d0/mailman/mail/wrapper post webmaster"... unknown mailer error 1