[Mailman-Users] Users can post new messages but can't reply

John Rappold jrappold at scoca-k12.org
Fri Dec 10 05:18:54 CET 1999

Hi,

This seems to be a random problem, and I have no idea what is going on. I run
an RH6.0 and latest mailman. The list in question is a closed list, and all
replies are set to be sent back to the list.

All users can post new messages, however there seems to be a random problem
in that some users can't reply to posts. One user sent me a email from his
system that stated the DNS and/or MX record was messed up. This does not make
sense if they can post a new message. Any idea what is going on? Oh yes, I'm
not the "mail" guy, but the webmaster who was given the task of setting this
up, so I know little of the workings of sendamil (if that is the problem).

--
John Rappold
Cisco Academy Regional Coordinator/Webmaster