[Mailman-Users] S/MIME and Public Key Encryption Features

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw at cnri.reston.va.us
Fri Dec 10 16:44:01 CET 1999

    M> 2. On the features page, it says: "Direct SMTP delivery of
    M> messages, including integrated bulk mailing."  Can somebody
    M> explain this to me, and can this feature be secure?

As secure as the connection between your Mailman host and your smtp
host.  Mailman just opens a socket connection to the specified machine
and port (usually your local machine and smtp port) and just does an
(e)smtp transaction across that socket connection.

As for the bulk mailing stuff, this has been taken out of the current
code base, although Harald has convinced me that we'll need to put
something like this back in for the next release.

-Barry