[Mailman-Users] Failure to exec script. WANTED gid 12, GOT gid 2 -> I have tried the normal solution!

Michael Schmale michael.schmale at ixos.de
Fri Dec 10 18:09:46 CET 1999

Hi,
I am running SuSE Linux 6.1 with Mailman 1.1 and have get the following
typical error:
"|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd test"
    (expanded from: <test-request at aphrodite.ixos.de>)

554 "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd test"... unknown mailer error 2

I have checked the syslog and it says:
Failure to exec script. WANTED gid 12, GOT gid 2

so I have recompiled Mailman a couple of times with the appropriate options
./configure --with-mail-gid=12 --with-cgi-gid=nogroup

however, I am still getting the same error! Does anyone have any
suggestions??

Michael.

--- An Email from The Business Document Company ---
    Michael Schmale
     Professional Services

     IXOS SOFTWARE AG
     Technopark Neukeferloh