[Mailman-Users] Bounces Issue - Revisit II

Ted Cabeen secabeen at pobox.com
Fri Dec 17 17:19:07 CET 1999

In message <14425.49608.643590.909881 at anthem.cnri.reston.va.us>, "Barry A. Wars
aw" writes:
>Mailman 1.2 (or will it be called 2.0? :) will improve bounce
>processing considerably.  I've rewritten the bounce detector as a
>pipeline, similar to the new message delivery pipeline.  I've also
>added new bounce detectors for quite a number of common formats
>(qmail, postfix, dsn, yahoo, ...).  I've got things set up on
>python.org so that I see every missed bounce that my list admins see,
>so at the very least, I'll be adding them to the test suite.  Trust
>me, this incentivizes me to nail the most common bounce formats :)

One other bounce thing is it would be nice for mailman to try and process the
bounces from the monthly password reminders instead of sending them all to
mailman-owner.  Really even having them go the list admin would be fine,
but processing those messages for bounces would be the best.

--
Ted Cabeen           http://www.pobox.com/~secabeen         secabeen at pobox.com
Check Website or finger for PGP Public Key        secabeen at midway.uchicago.edu
"I have taken all knowledge to be my province." -F. Bacon   cococabeen at aol.com