[Mailman-Users] Feature request: editable welcome message

Dan Mick dan.mick at West.Sun.COM
Fri Dec 17 22:08:44 CET 1999

I know I can write interactive Python code to extract the welcome
message, write it to a file so I can edit it, and suck it back
in, but that should be easier than it is; if it needs to stay in
config.db for reasons I don't understand, perhaps config.db could
look in a configurable path for a file with a timestamp and
decide "oh, it's changed, I should snarf in a new one".
(Customizable welcome messages are almost always used, IMO.)

Also, it would be nice if the "subscription" text could appear
at the beginning rather than the end.

I'll probably attempt to hack both these in.