[Mailman-Users] "invalid uri"

Paul Tomblin ptomblin at xcski.com
Sun Dec 19 04:39:29 CET 1999

Quoting Bek Oberin (gossamer at tertius.net.au):
> Paul Tomblin wrote:
> > Quoting Bek Oberin (gossamer at tertius.net.au):
> > > All of a sudden I am geting weird errors when I try to access
> > > some of my lists.  This is happening for listinfo, admin -and-
> > > admindb pages for some lists only:
> > >                                   Bad Request
> > >    Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
> > >    Invalid URI in request GET mailman/admindb/asrmel HTTP/1.0
> > > They all have worked perfectly for motnhs before this.  Anybody got any
> > > ideas?
> > What happens if you telnet to the web server and try the GET directly?  With
> > and without a leading /?
>
> Without the leading / I get the same error
> With the leading / it seems to work.

That's bizarre.  I don't see how going to any normal URL could cause a "GET"
command without a leading slash to be sent to the httpd.  Unless you have a
URL like "http:mailman/admindb/asrmel" somewhere on your site and that's what
you're clicking to get there.  Because if you were to type the URL
http://xcski.com/mailman/admindb/upstateav, that should cause your browser to
say "hmmm, ok, that's a url on xcski.com, so I'll connect to port 80 on
xcski.com, and issue the command ``GET /mailman/admindb/upstateav HTTP/1.0''".

--
Paul Tomblin, not speaking for anybody.
SETI at Home:  Finally a *good* way to impress Jodie Foster