[Mailman-Users] Announcement lists and Moderated Lists...

Maren S. Leizaola maren at leizaola.com
Mon Dec 20 07:32:10 CET 1999

On Sun, 19 Dec 1999, Dan Mick wrote:

> "Maren S. Leizaola" wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >         I am  new to Mailman, how does one do an announcement list to
> > which users can not e-mail to the rest of the list users, by clicking
> > reply?
>
> Well, certainly one thing you could do is visit "Privacy Options" and
> turn on "Must posts be approved by an administrator?"

Ok... I missed those totally...

> Far easier, though, is just to have requests to be added wait for
> processing, add them to a private, unadvertised simple alias,
> and then send any mail out with To: <listadmin>  From: <listadmin>
> Bcc: <real-private-alias>; then no one even *can* respond to anyone
> but <listadmin>.

Yes, I've thought of this but my experience is that sooner or later you
make and mistake and you show the private-alias list in your cc or
elsewhere with bad consequences.

> > How does one run a moderated list?

Ok... if that approve moderated option is there... It is great.

Is there any way to send all e-mail to smart relay for it to do the mail
delivery rather than opening so many sendmail clients. I would like to be
able to deliver a single mail message to my ISPs mail relay and use his
bandwidth for the mailing list expansion and delivery?

Regards,
Maren.