[Mailman-Users] Announcement lists and Moderated Lists...

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Mon Dec 20 08:15:26 CET 1999

On Mon, 20 Dec 1999 14:32:10 +0800 (CST)
Maren S Leizaola <maren at leizaola.com> wrote:

> Is there any way to send all e-mail to smart relay for it to do
> the mail delivery rather than opening so many sendmail clients. I
> would like to be able to deliver a single mail message to my ISPs
> mail relay and use his bandwidth for the mailing list expansion
> and delivery?

There are two ways to do this:

  1) You can tell MailMan to deliver via SMTP to your ISP's mail
server (this is part of the normal configs when you define what mail
server for MailMan to use)

  2) You configure your MTA to use your ISP's mail server as a
smarthost.  MailMan then delivers mail to your local MTA which then
immediately bounces it to your ISP's mail server for delivery.

I would recommend #2.

J C Lawrence                                 Home: claw at kanga.nu
----------(*)                              Other: coder at kanga.nu