[Mailman-Users] Announcement lists and Moderated Lists...

Paul Tomblin ptomblin at xcski.com
Mon Dec 20 13:45:20 CET 1999

Quoting Maren S. Leizaola (maren at leizaola.com):
> Yes, I've thought of this but my experience is that sooner or later you
> make and mistake and you show the private-alias list in your cc or
> elsewhere with bad consequences.

Yeah, I've wondered about this too.  My announce-only mailing list under
majordomo had only the "announcer" on the approved poster list, and reply-to
was set to the discussion list.  But I can't figure out how to set the
reply-to on mailman lists to anything other than the list it's coming from.

> Is there any way to send all e-mail to smart relay for it to do the mail
> delivery rather than opening so many sendmail clients. I would like to be
> able to deliver a single mail message to my ISPs mail relay and use his
> bandwidth for the mailing list expansion and delivery?

Mailman will open up 5 connections to the MTA by default, but you can reduce
that down to 1.  If the MTA is a smart relay, you only want one.  Similarly,
if your MTA is something like Postfix or qmail, you probably only want one.

--
Paul Tomblin, not speaking for anybody.
SETI at Home:  Finally a *good* way to impress Jodie Foster