[Mailman-Users] Installation on Irix: Installs Fine, Behaves Badly

Fred Hicks iago at iago.net
Mon Dec 20 23:44:23 CET 1999

  It's not smrsh; I've recompiled and updated sendmail to the latest stable
  version (8.9.3) and made explicitly certain that smrsh is not running.

  It's not that I've compiled it to expect the gid -1 -- there is no gid -1
  on my system.  The 'nobody' group -- which I only specified for the cgi
  gid, not the mail gid -- is 60000.  I specified '0' or 'sys' or etc etc
  etc -- i.e., i specified what it says I should specify -- and I CONTINUE
  to get the error:

Dec 20 14:36:50 6C:iago sendmail[29091]: OAB29089: OAA29091: DSN: unknown mailer
 error 2
Dec 20 14:36:50 3C:iago Mailman mail-wrapper: Failure to exec script. WANTED gid
 2147430212, GOT gid 0.  (Reconfigure to take 0?)

  It *has* been reconfigured to take zero and has *never* been configured
  to 'want' 2147430212, or -1, whatever you want to consider that to be.

  Is there some barrage of tests I can run to determine how it is that
  mailman has decided to become compiled incorrectly?  That's the only
  plausible explanation I can arrive at to explain why it would think it
  wants something it was never configured to want.