[Mailman-Users] Installation on Irix: Installs Fine, Behaves Badly

Ricardo Kustner ricardo at miss-janet.com
Tue Dec 21 07:47:51 CET 1999

On Mon, Dec 20, 1999 at 10:32:20PM -0800, Fred Hicks wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Dec 1999, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:
> >     FH>   Is there some barrage of tests I can run to determine how it
> >     FH> is that mailman has decided to become compiled incorrectly?
> >     FH> That's the only plausible explanation I can arrive at to
> >     FH> explain why it would think it wants something it was never
> >     FH> configured to want.
> > Looks like you're going to have to resort to your favorite C debugger.
>   Alas, I have no favorite, as I don't do C.  I'm considering the
>   possibility that the answer here is 'don't try to do this under irix'.

I'm going to have to install mailman on an Irix box in the near future (thats
what i get for promoting mailman at work :) )... and i'm going to do my best
to get it to work...
btw did you use the SGI compiler? maybe that's the one doing weird stuff
with the C-wrappers... I prefer to use GCC on irix (installing it is a pain
in the butt, but once it's installed it's a blessing)

Ricardo.