[Mailman-Users] Feature request: editable welcome message

Marc Merlin marc_news at valinux.com
Tue Dec 21 07:51:20 CET 1999

On mar, déc 21, 1999 at 12:44:03 -0500, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

>     MM> Talking about config_list, I tried it last week and it was
>     MM> very nice, but I was hoping it would also dump the list of
>     MM> users with their subscribe attributes.  This would let me move
                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>     MM> a list of users to a different list/different machine without
>     MM> having to copy the config.db and having to hack it afterwards.
>
> bin/list_members

I know about list_members :-)
The problem is not getting the list of Emails, it's getting all the
attributes for the user (nomail, hidden, password, etc, etc...)

I've moved  users by  feeding list_members into  add_members, but  the users
have  to  get a  new  Email  with  their  password, which  is  automatically
generated, and if their nomail/hidden status is lost.
My goal is to move users completely transparently for the user while keeping
all the attributes.

Marc

Finger marc_f at merlins.org for PGP key and other contact information