[Mailman-Users] Mailman and Web Ports other than 80?

Ted Cabeen secabeen at pobox.com
Tue Dec 21 17:22:22 CET 1999

In message <00c601bf4b5d$21318b40$34a9ee89 at stargazer>, "Chrisie Mitchell" write
s:
>I run my Apache web server on a different port than 80, and even though =
>getting to the pages works fine, when you attempt to subscribe to the =
>lists or use anything that requires a command be sent to the server, it =
>won't connect on the port I'm using. It attempts to use the default 80.
>
>I attempted to fix this by changing the default URL line in mm_cfg.py to =
>include the correct port, but that doesn't seem to do it. Does anyone =
>have any ideas on this?

Most of the settings in mm_cfg.py are not used by Mailman on a daily basis
but instead are used as the defaults when you create a list.  If you want to
change the URL for a currently existing list, you'll need to edit the last
two options at the bottom of the main list configuration page to reflect the
change.  If you have a lot of lists, you probably can write a withlist script
that will change the setting across all of the lists, but I don't know how
hard that would be.

--
Ted Cabeen           http://www.pobox.com/~secabeen         secabeen at pobox.com
Check Website or finger for PGP Public Key        secabeen at midway.uchicago.edu