[Mailman-Users] Installation on Irix: Installs Fine, Behaves Badly

Fred Hicks iago at iago.net
Tue Dec 21 10:49:15 CET 1999

  Ricardo wins the scooby snack. :)

  I grabbed gcc off of freeware.sgi.com and installed the package, then
  recompiled and reinstalled python with gcc.

  Then I recompiled and reinstalled mailman with gcc.

  Redid my steps, sent a message.  It failed.

  *THIS* time, however, it told me it got gid 998, not 0, and when I
  re./configured --with-mail-gid=guest (998), the sonofabitch WORKED.

  There's your tip, Ricardo.  Use gcc when you're doing this. :)