[Mailman-Users] Preventing binaries

J C Lawrence claw at cp.net
Tue Dec 21 19:56:42 CET 1999

On Tue, 21 Dec 1999 08:38:20 -0800 (PST)
Deirdre Saoirse <deirdre at deirdre.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Dec 1999, Dan Mick wrote:
>> My solution, suggested here, is working fairly well: make them
>> beg for approval by setting a bunch of the right headers to be
>> "suspicious": add

> On a list with a bunch of users with vcards and stuff, this would
> simply tax the mail list admins.

You might be surprised.  If your users value the list you have at
hand a significant manipulative force for altering their behaviour.
Just delay or bounce-back posts which don't meet your standards and
they'll likely change.  It would have been easier if you had done
this to start with as you could have then formed a base more for
your list culture more easily, but it can still be retrofitted.

J C Lawrence                              Internet: claw at kanga.nu
----------(*)                            Internet: coder at kanga.nu
...Honorary Member of Clan McFud -- Teamer's Avenging Monolith...