[Mailman-Users] Re: [Mailman-Developers] Bad/Invalid email address

Marco Budde Budde at tu-harburg.de
Mon Dec 20 20:52:25 CET 1999

Sean Reifschneider wrote:

> I presume if you use "mbudde at domain.com", where "domain.com" is your
> domain, that it works fine?

Yes, that is right.

> Mailman is simply being canonical, which
> IMHO is better than relying on magic to happen behind the scenes.
> For example, if you specified "mbudde", and then later changed the
> SMTP server, or moved the mailman installation to another host, the
> behavior may change.

Well, maybe somebody wants to use your program in an intranet,
which does not have a official domain name. I understand your
problem with the account name only, but what is wrong with
mbudde at ovid. ovid could be a top level domain like com.

Does the mailman source support messages/pages in different
languages? If you´re interested, I could create German translations
of your messages.

cu, Marco

--
   -- Linux HOWTOs: Die besten Lösungen der Linuxgemeinde --
                      ISBN 3-8266-0498-9

Uni: Budde at tu-harburg.de           Fido: 2:240/6298.5
Mailbox: mbudde at sms.antar.com      http://www.tu-harburg.de/~semb2204/