Subject: [Mailman-Users] Apache Conf files

Michael Ghens michael at spconnect.com
Thu Dec 23 18:18:05 CET 1999

I don't know if you want the whole file, but this is out of the srm.conf
file of mine (new appache has everything in httpd.conf)

ScriptAlias   /mailman/       /home/other/mailman/cgi-bin/
Alias /pipermail/ /home/other/mailman/archives/public/

Also in access.conf (new appache has everything in httpd.conf), I had to
put in

<Directory /home/other/mailman>
Options Indexes Includes FollowSymLinks ExecCGI
</Directory>

Current apache is VERY restrictive in its permissions by default.
(rightfully so, but hey, it is always a balance between keeping users
happy and some idea of security.)

These lines gives most people grief:
# First, we configure the "default" to be a very restrictive set of
# permissions.
#
<Directory />
    Options FollowSymLinks