[Mailman-Users] Error in lockfile cleanup

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Thu Dec 30 18:52:38 CET 1999

On Thu, 30 Dec 1999 08:46:36 -0800
alex wetmore <alex at phred.org> wrote:

> When is 1.2 coming out?  This is a production machine, so I am not
> interested in running beta software.

"Release" and "beta" don't really mean as much for Open Source
projects as they do for commercial.  The line between them tends to
be both fuzzy and often missing.  I have the same concerns for
production environments so I do the old standard:  run a second
parallel machine with any new software for a while before rolling it
into production.

At that point the lines between "CVS copy", "beta" and "release"
become non-existant.

J C Lawrence                                 Home: claw at kanga.nu
----------(*)                              Other: coder at kanga.nu