[Mailman-Users] bounce ambiguitites

Darren Henderson darren at jasper.somtel.com
Mon Feb 1 15:24:52 CET 1999

I had a few bounces waiting for me this morning as the result of the
monthly reminder run. While I like the single message for all lists idea
it does cause a problem with bounce messages if I want to do something
with the bounce. There is no indication in the returned info that
indicates what list(s) the recipient was on. The List-id: header is
apparently set to the last list on the system which they may or may not be
a part off.

I would suggest either losing the List-id: header or changing it to
reflect all the lists that person belongs too. If thats outside the RFC
then it would probably pay to add an X-Lists: header or the like, perhaps
one per mailing list the person is on.

Darren Henderson                              darren at jasper.somtel.com

                   Help fight junk e-mail, visit http://www.cauce.org/