[Mailman-Users] upgrading

Greg Stein gstein at lyra.org
Wed Feb 3 13:48:52 CET 1999

okay... I'm looking at upgrading from 1.0b6 to 1.0b8.  So, I read the
UPGRADING doc like a good little boy.

Oops. Not helpful.

It doesn't say what to do to get to the "make upgrade". Big picture,
people!

I've got three directories:

/home/mailman/install
/home/mailman/mailman-1.0b6
/home/mailman/mailman-1.0b8

What do I do? Go into 1.0b8 and do a ./configure and a make and then a
make upgrade? Oh, but wait... where does "make install" happen. But if I
make install before make upgrade, then isn't there a point when my
mailman system is inconsistent?

Can I carry over configuration from the 1.0b6 area, or do I need to just
copy the stuff from config.status there?

Please provide some clarity for this poor soul...  (or else I'll keep
sending 1.0b6 bug reports :-)

-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/