[Mailman-Users] MailMan configuration problem

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw at cnri.reston.va.us
Thu Jan 7 00:25:45 CET 1999

    AH> I just installed MailMan 1.0b6.  I follow the instructions
    AH> very carefully and they're quite clear. However, when it
    AH> actually comes to accessing the list that I create via web
    AH> browser, http://mydomain.com/mailman/listinfo/testlist, it
    AH> fails:

    AH> /var/log/httpd/error_log: [Tue Jan 5 14:28:32 1999] access to
    AH> /home/mailman/cgi-bin/listinfo failed \ for my.ip.addr.here,
    AH> reason: Premature end of script headers

    AH>     Anyone else encountered this?

    AH> Red Hat 5.1, Apache 1.2.6.

Check your syslog file.  What's probably happening is that the gid
compiled into your Mailman CGI wrapper is incorrect and the wrapper is
exiting.  This error will show up in syslog.

You'll need to figure out the gid that CGI scripts get executed as
(check your Apache config files) and re-configure Mailman using
--with-cgi-gid option, rebuild and re-install.

-Barry