[Mailman-Users] Mailman, Exim, and Debian (recipient rejected)

Dave Cinege dcinege at psychosis.com
Tue Jun 1 21:14:28 CEST 1999

J C Lawrence wrote:

> On Mon, 31 May 1999 00:58:33 -0400
> Dave Cinege <dcinege at psychosis.com> wrote:
>
> > If your exim is setup with good relay controls (aka CORRECTLY!)
> > all resends will get rejected with the error:

> Not entirely true.

If you read further down in my mail, this problem was because
USE_ENVELOPE_SENDER = 0. It had nothing to do with it coming from localhost.

> If you allow locahost (127.0.0.1) to be an open
> relay (which can be a totally acceptable configuration) mailman is
> quite happy.

For some reason allowing 127.0.0.1 makes me warry some hole will be opened to
allow a spoof. (Call me paranoid) Infact I just changed the SMTPHOST
to my actual host name and removed the localhost allowence.

--
http://www.linuxrouter.org/     Linux Router Project

Over 750,000 people are now in jail for consensual 'crimes'. 2 million more
are now on parole or probation. 4 million more will be arrested this year.
Would someone please remind how 'free' America is again?