[Mailman-Users] help

Harald Meland Harald.Meland at usit.uio.no
Wed Jun 2 21:10:11 CEST 1999

[Jose Travieso]

> Ive looked thru the web interface options and have not seen any
> options for what i need done. I need to make the list send an
> email message like this:
>
> Example: "TO: someone at someplace.com FROM: mylist at listhost..com
> To make the e-mail message look like if it was specifically written
> for them. Not like:
>
> Example: "TO: mylist at listhost.com FROM: mylist at listhost.com"

Sorry, but as that wouldn't scale very well (i.e. Mailman would have
to submit one new message to the MTA per list member), there is no
such functionality in Mailman.

If someone wrote (clean, optionalized) code doing this, I suppose it
could be incorporated into Mailman proper -- but it is not currently
on the core developers' list of things that _needs_ to be done.

--
Harald