[Mailman-Users] Can I change a user's password for him?

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw at cnri.reston.va.us
Fri Jun 4 00:10:13 CEST 1999

>>>>> "JCBJ" == John C Broman, Jr <stingray at wizard.net> writes:

    JCBJ> I'm using 1.0b9 (my ISP won't easily upgrade) and some
    JCBJ> members "lack a password" due to an earlier Mailman bug.
    JCBJ> Can I use my admin password to go in there and assign a
    JCBJ> password for them so they can access their settings?

This won't do what you want.  The problem isn't that the users lack a
password -- they probably do have one.  If its the bug I'm thinking
about, it was that Mailman couldn't find the passwords for users who
had subscribed with mixed case username parts.  For this, AFAIK, the
only remedy is upgrading.

-Barry