[Mailman-Users] List-in-list inclusions, "mixed" lists

Mitchell Marks mitchell at walrus.uchicago.edu
Wed Jun 9 16:25:42 CEST 1999

For various reasons that I can't clean up, I have some lists that are
"mixed", containing both individuals and other lists.  (Though not yet,
when we're done migrating them they will all be under Mailman and on the
same host.)

The interesting settings about sending password reminders to "-owner"
addresses instead of unmodified member addresses seem very useful for
*completely* umbrella lists, whose members are only other lists.  But I
didn't see a way to selectively mark members one way or the other.  Any
suggestions?  (Or can this go under "enhancement requests"?)  Actually,
what would work best for me would be a member-by-member option (a column on
the "Membership Management" admin page grid, for instance) to suppress the
monthly password reminder mailings.

Another matter that comes up in list-in-list contexts is a stacking-up of
inserted list identifiers in the Subject header of replies.  Like ---

	Subject: Re: [List 1] [List 2] Re [List 2] [List 1] Re [List 1]
[List2]  The Original Topic

One thing that makes me very happy with Mailman is the nice trimming done
on those things when replies are going on in *one* list.  Any ideas on how
to clean things up for this relayed situation?  (Apart from ... no, I mean
"along with" ... encouraging people to edit their Subjects themselves.)

Thanks,

Mitch Marks

--
Mitchell Marks                          (773) 702-6041 AAC-010A
CUIP: Chicago Public Schools / Univ. of Chicago Internet Project