[Mailman-Users] Authentication/cookies question

Matthew Darwin matthew at davin.ottawa.on.ca
Sat Jun 12 06:30:54 CEST 1999

Is there any particular reason why there is no option (that I can find) to
configure the web interface to use basic authentication instead of
cookies?

I am just setting up a mailman site, and I know that I will have some
admnistrators connecting from a web browser that supports basic
authentication, but not cookies.

Background:

The local FreeNet uses a very old version of lynx that does not support
cookies, and I want to allow those FreeNet users to use mailman....
However, when using lynx they are constantly prompted for the admin
password, which makes the whole thing fairly unusable.