[Mailman-Users] Re: [Mailman-Users] Perhaps this is covered already ..

Andy Carpenter Andy.Carpenter at cs.man.ac.uk
Tue Jun 15 11:42:37 CEST 1999

> But why does the
>
> /mailman/admin
>
> link say "Welcome! [...] this is the collection of publicly-advertised
> mailman mailing lists on [...]" and then proceeds to list the publicly
> available lists (I have 4 lists on my server, where 1 is made
> non-public, so above link lists (correctly) 3 lists).
>
> When the link
>
> /mailman/listinfo
>
> says "Welcome! [...] There currently are no publicly-advertised [...]
> lists"??
>
> I am assuming the latter link is wrong; since the admin page actually
> displays things correctly.

Tor,

    What you are seeing is the effects of mailman's virtual hosting support
which is on by default.  The admin page will list all of the available
lists, whereas
the listinfo page will only list those lists that have the same value for
their base URL
as the host to which to have connected.  The base URL for a list is set on
the
lists general options admin page (at the bottom).

    Andy.
Dr Andy Carpenter
Department of Computer Science, University of Manchester, Manchester M13
9PL, UK
Email: Andy.Carpenter at cs.man.ac.uk Tel: +44 161 275 6168 Fax: +44 161 275
6280