[Mailman-Users] unknow user

Harald Meland Harald.Meland at usit.uio.no
Wed Jun 16 19:03:24 CEST 1999

[Jason]

> every time i email to my subscribe address that mailman gives me,

Are you referring to the "list creation message" that
$prefix/bin/newlist mails to the list's administrator?

> it comes back unknown user.  what am i missing here???

You haven't made your MTA aware of the new addresses that bin/newmail
asks the site admin to define (how you define new addresses is haghly
MTA dependant, so I can't explain all of that here).

If you're using sendmail, adding the aliasfile lines bin/newmail to
your /etc/aliases file, and then running "newaliases" should
_probably_ suffice -- but it really depends on how your sendmail has
been set up.
--
Harald