[Mailman-Users] How to ignore confirmation requests in Mailman

Tom Bryan tbryan at server.python.net
Thu Jun 24 14:23:31 CEST 1999

One of my users sent me this:

"""I sent a mail to the mailing list. By default I use "send confirmation
on". I forgot to turn off this flag as it's not processed by other mailers
I use.

Please check whether your mailing system (mailing list remailer) can
ignore / reset the "send confirmation / read confirmation" markers.
Currently I get feedback from most of the receipients which are configured
into your system.

That's neither secure nor is the bandwith spent useful."""

I looked at all of my list's admin pages, but I didn't see any options
that looked appropriate. I really don't want users to be able to receive
confirmation from other list users.  The membership list is not public,
but this sounds like an easy way for a user to get the list of
subscribers.

---Tom