[Mailman-Users] Mailman customizations...

Greg Stein gstein at lyra.org
Mon Mar 1 00:56:16 CET 1999

Mike Cisar wrote:

> Can anyone tell me if it is (or will in a future version) be possible to to
> totally customize the HTML that is output by Mailman... for example the
> output of  http://www.yaddayadda.yadda/listinfo, etc?  While there are a
> couple of minor changes I would prefer to make to the text itself, the major
> thing is that I would like to change the colors, font, etc. to match the
> rest of my site.  I'd presume that because some of the HTML is already
> customizable, that the remainder will be made so in the future, but would
> just like to get an opinion/confirmation on that :-)

The listinfo page is totally customizable. There are two general ways:
edit the template, and punt the template.

To edit the template, you can use the "Edit the HTML for the public list
pages" option in your admin screen. Alternatively, you can directly edit
the "listinfo.html" template in your $prefix/lists/$listname directory.

The other thing is to write up your own page and have the <FORM> in
there post to the appropirate Mailman URL. A buddy of mine has
subscription pages running on a completely different site. People fill
in the form and it does a POST to the machine that runs Mailman.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/