[Mailman-Users] Changed port, but not all scripts use the new address

Martin Preishuber Martin.Preishuber at stuco.uni-klu.ac.at
Thu Mar 4 16:45:54 CET 1999

Ben Armstrong wrote:

> I am using the Debian Linux package of Mailman v1.0b8.
>
> I have changed the port that apache runs on from 80 to 5700.  I have
> also updated my mm_cfg.py as follows:
>
> DEFAULT_URL       = 'http://sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca:5700/mailman'
>
> Now I am finding some of the URLs are correct, while others are
> not.  In particular, all of the buttons on the listinfo page
> (subscribe, visit subscriber list, edit options) point at the
> old address (e.g. http://sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca/mailman/subscribe/nslug-test)

Hmm, now that I think of it, is it possible to enter a relative
address instead of the full one ? the reason I ask is, that we have
a secure webserver running parallel to the unsecure one and so I
thought it might be a good idea to give secure access to mailman, too
but I have to either specify http:// or https:// in mm_cfg.py ...
can I just write "/mailman" e.g. ?

Martin

--
Martin Preishuber - Student, ECLiPt Core Member, SysAdmin
http://eclipt.uni-klu.ac.at,
mailto:Martin.Preishuber at stuco.uni-klu.ac.at

To give happiness is to deserve happiness.