[Mailman-Users] Can't access /mailman or /pipermail

Ray Everett-Church ray at bigfoot.everett.org
Fri Mar 12 02:17:51 CET 1999

Scanned the archives and can't find this precise problem addressed:

I'd like to have a generic "welcome" web page for my lists at:

<hostname>/mailman

...since <hostname>/mailman/listinfo isn't as intuitive. But I can't seem
to determine how to set up accessible pages there. If I set up an alias
through Apache, it breaks things looking for the cgi's that are
ScriptAliased /mailman/ . Am I just doing the alias wrong? (pretty new at
fiddling with Apache) Or must I just accept <hostname>/mailman/listinfo?

TIA,
-Ray