[Mailman-Users] Large lists and Postfix

Dan Delaney Dionysos at Dionysia.org
Tue Mar 16 07:09:55 CET 1999

On 16 Mar 1999 bruce at hams.com wrote:
> The load is almost entirely dependent on the mail delivery agent and your
> network connection, not Mailman. Linux, qmail and smartlist are able to get
> more than 100,000 messages a day delivered using a '486. This is a reliable,
> repeatable, every day figure. It should be at least that good for postfix.

Thanks. So, considering the claims made about ezmlm for qmail, does
that have anything to do with ezmlm, or is it qmail that's making
mlm so fast? Would exmlm do just as will using Postfix (if it
could), and would qmail work just as well with Mailman instead of
ezmlm?

 --Dan

 Daniel G. Delaney                    The Louisville Times Chorus
 Dionysos at Dionysia.org                   www.LouisvilleTimes.org
 www.Dionysia.org/~dionysos/          Dionysia Design
 ICQ Number: 8171285                     www.Dionysia.com/design/
    "Only two things are infinite: the universe and stupidity--
     and I'm not sure about the former."
                                          --Albert Einstein