[Mailman-Users] Sending a human message to the LISTNAME-request address.

John W Baxter jwblist at olympus.net
Fri Mar 19 22:35:51 CET 1999

At 15:50 -0500 3/19/99, The List Server Administrator at UNH wrote:
>     I would rather see the *-request address used for contacting a
>     human since that is how it is most widely used.

With Majordomo, *-request is also widely used as a portal to the
server.  The list setup instructions discuss both the "send the
request to Majordomo@" method and the "send the request to
*-request@" method.  (We have both set up, but only talk about
*-request.)

I don't know how the Majordomo population as a whole sets up their
lists...I do know that all of our not-very-many lists use *-request@
to reach the server, and *-owner and owner-* to reach a human.  [And
we can't change now, since our users are trained that way, although
when we switch to Mailman (not before 1.0 non-beta) we will retrain
them to the Web.]

   --John
--
John Baxter   jwblist at olympus.net      Port Ludlow, WA, USA
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.  Teach him to fish,