[Mailman-Users] (another) Mailman bug

Richard B. Pyne rpyne at kinfolk.org
Sun May 2 22:05:38 CEST 1999

The machine is a K6-300 with 64 Meg RAM and a 100 Meg swap partition.
It is running Linux 2.0.35 (Redhat), Apache 1.3.6 with php3 and
modssl, and Python 1.51.

I haven't seen any other error messages show up, but I only installed
python to run mailman, so I am really quite unfamiliar with it.

On 1 May 99, at 19:26, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

>     RBP> Running Mailman 1.0b11 under Linux I am getting random Memory
>     RBP> Errors such as:
>

>     | Traceback (innermost last):
>     |   File "/home/mailman/cron/gate_news", line 27, in ?
>     |     from Mailman import MailList
>     |   File "/home/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 30, in ?
>     |     import Utils
>     |   File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Utils.py", line 31, in ?
>     |     import regsub
>     | MemoryError
>
>     RBP> Others are bouncing mail. Any help will be greatly
>     RBP> appreciated.
>
> Something must really be messed up if /importing/ regsub triggers a
> MemoryError.  Have you seen other wacky things with your Python
> installation?  How much virtual memory do you have on this system?!
>
> -Barry

Richard B. Pyne, KB7RMU
rpyne at kinfolk.org
http://pyne.kinfolk.org/rbp2