[Mailman-Users] problems setting up..

Jean-Francois Malouin Jean-Francois.Malouin at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Thu May 13 18:29:46 CEST 1999

On Thu, May 13, 1999 at 08:58:19AM -0700, Tom Bowman wrote:
> I just installed mailman on a slackware Linux box i am running.. it's
> currently using sendmail 8.9.3/8.9.3 ..
> if i send an email to the list i have setup (which appears to be setup
> properly)
> i get this error in my /var/adm/maillog:

Check the permissions on *all* path components
from / to /personal/mailman/mail/wrapper.

Sendmail 8.9.x is very picky about group/world writable directories for
delivery via pipes to programs (among other things).
You might have to start fiddling with DontBlameSendmail option.

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
                                                       - Phillip K. Dick